Reading Barry is an ecstatic experience, and her unique blend of extravagant cartoon and collage serves this memoir-cum-creativity-manual perfectly. Search by Title.
- Record of Pennsylvania marriages prior to 1810. [and,] List of officers of the Colonies on the Delaware and the Province of Pennsylvania, 1614-1776.
- Love Island Have Warned Against Playing The "It Is What It Is" Drinking Game.
- Self-Compassion: What It Is, What It Does, and How It Relates to Mindfulness!
- Définition it is what it is | Dictionnaire définition anglais | Reverso.
- It is what it is - Idioms by The Free Dictionary.
- La misteriosa morte della compagna Guan: Il primo caso dellispettore capo Chen Cao (Italian Edition);
- The Adventure of the Missing Oscar (Holmes & Watson Book 2).
Search by Author. Vanity Fair. The Boston Globe.
- What It Is by Lynda Barry.
- This Is What the Phrase 'It Is What It Is' Really Means?
- Schwarzer Mond über Soho: Roman (Peter Grant) (German Edition)!
- The Greening Of Thurmond Leaner.
- Aeon for Friends.
- Submit Your Comment.
- Homélies (French Edition).
Hillary Chute, Artforum. LOVE Island — it is what it is then. Starting point was Sherif, when none of the girls took a step forward to be partnered by him, on the opening night. A couple of lust triangles have developed around Lucie, but so little has actually happened that commentator Iain Stirling has been turning all the same stationery jokes he made about Jack, last year, into sandwich jokes about Joe.
It may all change overnight, of course. Nothing happening on Love Island is still a more enticing prospect for a lot of people than every- thing happening in politics. She was a box-ticking amalgamation of all the scientists who cam- paigned for the truth to come out about the disaster.
No one can refute it. It stops short any constructive communication right in its tracks. If you ask a person why something can't be accomplished and his or her response is, "It is what it is," then there is no moving forward.
Blockchain: What It Is, What It Does, and Why You Probably Don’t Need One | St. Louis Fed
It is an invisible, immovable barrier stronger than the Death Star's deflector shield, and one that no Jedi can disable. Granted, there are many circumstances where using "it is what it is" is completely appropriate. Weather, car accidents, death, Internet trolls and the continual sucking of every Cleveland sports team are all situations that are completely out of your control and no sort of brainstorming session is going to solve them.
The problem is that people are using the phrase as a catch-all to avoid being proactive. It's easier to say a catch phrase than it is to solve a problem.
Also, using the phrase is not particularly deep, thought provoking or insightful. It's the equivalent of screaming, " Serenity now!
“It is what it is”
Let's face it, "it is what it is" is a super fun thing to say. It rolls off the tongue with the utmost of grace and ease. Throw in a little shrug and a half smile and pretty soon you've got a nice little character trait going there.